Featured Post

ANGEL-LIGHT TEAM BENEFITS

ANGEL-LIGHT TEAM BENEFITS by Angel-Light Love of Texas Spiritual & Metaphysical Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator Consultant/Teach...

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

PRAYER & WORSHIP

PRAYER & WORSHIP
June 10, 2009

I attend a monthly support and networking group every month. Sometimes there are only a handful of people; other times there are over twenty people. There was a new woman at the most recent gathering who, as we were ending, suggested we pray. We had never closed with a prayer before. This very intuitive individual has noticed over the years that when someone unexpectedly wants to pray, that most if not all the other people in the room will go along and bow their prayers but don’t have their hearts into it.

After the prayer, I said I’d like to make a comment and proceeded to explain why I didn’t think a prayer at the end of such a networking group was appropriate. I want to share those thoughts and others here. First, it was Jesus Christ whom we are told said that when we pray we are to pray in secret, to go into the closet and shut the door. Well, a small group might be considered “in secret,” but it’s not in private. And a small group won’t fit into most closets. I most often pray aloud in private, and I tend to get exuberant when expressing my gratitude, even walking around. When my two roommates are in our small three-bedroom, two-bath dwelling, I have to stifle myself. When someone prays in public, sometimes I’ll go along and bow my head a little, but usually not shutting my eyes, but if I really want to pray, I have to turn up my chin and face upward with my arms extended upward—and with eyes open, I might add. (Even meditate with eyes open some times.) I resonate with the words of Meister Eckhart, an influential German philosopher/mystic (began life in the 13th century and ended it in the 14th century), who said, “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is ‘thank you,’ it will be enough.”

I don’t use the term “god.” Prefer the term “divine.” The definition of divine is “of god.” Just a matter of preference. My reasoning is that the term “god” is often used “in vain” and insincerely. Personally, I ask and affirm and decree “in the name of the Christ.” My reasoning for this is that people today use the name “Jesus” a lot. Well, in the days of Jesus Christ (and Christ means “the anointed one”), he wasn’t called Jesus. The way English-speaking people pronounce the name is even different than Spanish-speaking people speak the name. Jesus Christ was often referred to as Jeshua ben Joseph and even Joshua, as the ancient writings tell us. One more thing: I am amazed at the audacity of people who pray “in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ” when there are people who are non-Christian in a group (not that this happened in the group I referred to above, but I’ve noticed it many times).

This brings me to the subject of worship. Of course, some people use the term broadly, which is not what I’m doing here. Instead of worship, I prefer to love—to love the Divine. There’s a sentence that has been repeated for several years now to emphasize a point: “Love is a verb.” Don’t know who originated it, but that’s the way I like it!

Seeking to serve (locally and long distance), we are one known as Angel-Light. Our healing/teaching mission at this level of existence is supported by donations. If you appreciate the blogs, the services, and the personal e-mail communications, please donate what you can, when you can, as often as you can.

Angel-Light Love
Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator
(Spirit-Mind-Body-Environment)
http://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com