Featured Post

CONSULT WITH THE ANGEL-LIGHT TEAM

CONSULT WITH THE ANGEL-LIGHT TEAM by Angel-Light Love of Texas, a Minister of Divine, Spiritual & Metaphysical Healing/Wellbein...

Saturday, May 16, 2015

TITHES-OFFERINGS-DONATIONS-GIFTS

May 16, 2015

I found a recent column of Financial Adviser Dave Ramsey in "The Dallas Morning News" interesting. Someone who adheres to Dave's recommendations to get solvent and stable wrote about his/her church "constantly" wanting more money over and above the 10% tithe he/she faithfully gave to the church. Dave reminded this person: "Tithes are first fruits off the top [of income, before taxes, etc.], while offerings are from surplus--meaning that you and your family are doing well financially." I haven't had surplus (and have done without and made do), and there haven't been sufficient funds to tithe (although I tried). My practice has been to donate/gift when I become aware of a need (via Internet, newspaper, being personally asked) as I am able, when I am able--even when I'm doing without my own self, and to give some when I receive some. Giving to others generates much joy for me! Feels good just writing about it! Of course, I give support and assistance to others as a Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator, part of my ministry, but that's different.

Often, when there is a slow or nonexistent flow of funds to one’s self, giving from what one has will restore the flow noticeably.  Once about twenty years ago, when I had about $5.00 on hand (in coins), and no bank account or credit card, a guy needing gas, who had been trying to reach a friend on a pay telephone, asked if I could give him $5.00 for gas.  I spread my coins out and counted out half for him.  Gas was a lot less expensive then!  Felt wonderful to be giving!  “Give to him that asketh thee” (Matthew 5:42 KJV).

I agree with the late advice columnist Abigail Van Buren: "If you're not giving, you're not living.”  I can’t remember what well-known person said long ago, “When one most needs to receive is when one most needs to give,” but I’ve never forgotten the words.  I have so many reasons to be grateful and feel very blessed! 

We are the Angel-Light Team—seeking to serve.  If this article has been inspirational or enlightening or beneficial in some way, you may want to support our ministry with a donation.   All who support our ministry are specifically blessed.  Our purpose/mission is to facilitate the liberation, healing, wellbeing, enlightenment, and ascension of people around the world who are guided to our ministry.   Consultations are available by Skype and by telephone and by email. Healing sessions are remote.

Angel-Light Love, a Minister for Divine
Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator
Spiritual & Metaphysical Healer-Teacher–Consultant–Messenger.
Voice Mail (USA & Canada): 214-732-4918
Email: healinglovelighthouse@outlook.com
Email: angel_light_love_texas@yahoo.com
http://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com