Featured Post

TESTIMONIALS

Monday, September 19, 2005

LIBERAL QUOTES

LIBERAL QUOTES
by Angel-Light Love of Texas
Spiritual & Metaphysical Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator
(Spirit-Mind-Body-Environment)
September 19, 2005 on ♥Angel-Light Beamer♥
https://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com

I suppose it's lazy of me to peruse the new nonfiction additions to the library and neglect the shelves unless there's nothing new I want to read (and I read nonfiction 99.9% of the time). I smiled many times over the weekend when reading The Best Liberal Quotes Ever: Why the Left is Right by William Martin (Illinois: Source Books, 2004). The quotes are arranged in sections by categories and the pages are easy to read. I've chosen some of the quotes to add to my collection of favorites, and some of those I'm sharing in this blog.

Marianne Williamson: "Nothing liberates our greatness like the desire to help, the desire to serve."
Carl Jung: "The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases."

Martin Luther King, Jr.: "Everyone can be great because anyone can serve.... You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love."

Robert Ingersol: "The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray."

My favorite concerning relationships comes from Frederick E. Perl: "I do my thing, and you do your thing. I am not in this world to live up to your expectations, and you are not in this world to live up to mine. If by chance we find each other, it's beautiful." (Those words have been quoted many times in books.)

The funniest quote in the book was: "If you remember the sixties, you weren't really there." Don't remember who said it, but I laughed out loud to read it.

My favorite quote in the book are words of William James: "We have grown literally afraid to be poor. We despise anyone who elects to be poor in order to simplify and save his inner life. If he does not join the general scramble and pant with the money-making street, we deem his spirit less and lacking in ambition." (I've been judged thusly more times than I really want to remember and no doubt it will continue to be the case as I go about my mission of service in this world.)



We are the Angel-Light Team—a collective of beings on mission to assist humanity. We don’t do business. We do service.  We trust Divine to provide for our human instrument through the kindness and generosity of others. You may want to support our multifaceted ministry/mission with a donation to Angel-Light Love. There is a convenient donate button on the ♥Angel-Light Beamer♥, and there is an Amazon wish list (link provided upon request).  May all be well with you! May there be plenty for you!

Angel-Light Love of Texas
Email #1: healinglovelighthouse@outlook.com
Email #2: angel_light_love_texas@yahoo.com
Facebook: Angel-Light Love