Featured Post

TESTIMONIALS

Friday, June 06, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS



RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS
by Angel-Light Love of Texas
Spiritual & Metaphysical Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator
(Spirit-Mind-Body-Environment)
June 6, 2008 on ♥Angel-Light Beamer♥
https://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com

In May I taped a bumper sticker inside of the back window of my car: "Practice Random Acts of Kindness." Maybe it's just my imagination, but it seems that people in cars behind mine are more patient and understanding when I slow down or stop to create a space for someone to drive into or through my lane of traffic. I like to think the sign, which is more visible in the window than it would be on the car bumper, stimulates altruistic thoughts and even actions on the part of others. (I don't have quite as much hope for my "Choose Compassion--Try Vegetarian" bumper sticker, but it's in the window, too.)

There was a report in a suburban newspaper I picked up today about the wonderful results of the U.S. mail carriers food drive in May. Reminded me of how disappointed I was that I forgot to set the sack of canned goods I'd gathered by a supporter's mailbox as required.


Found tears of gratitude flowing while driving from a library to another location today. Earlier I had inquired as to what happened to the backpack of a homeless man who spends time there (and who is looking for work). I had noticed he is now carrying his few belongings in plastic grocery bags. Turns out he had sold his back pack to another man for money to buy food. I gave him $5.00 and told him I'll find him a backpack. I intend to put a few useful items in it.

The tears earlier today were about being so grateful I've been able to make a difference in this world in my own little ways--food here, shoes there--$1,00 here, $5.00 here--sleeping bag here, clothes there--$10.00 to a food pantry recently because it's pantry was empty due to increased demand--etc., etc., etc.

I can't offer people shelter, can't offer transportation until I move out of the car into my van, but I can give food and supplies and clothes and money as my supply allows. I can also be (and am) an instrument for spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical healing for those who are open and receptive. I seek to "practice random acts of kindness" every day I live. I cannot live without giving. And Abigail Van Buren ("Dear Abby") said years ago: "If you're not giving, you're not living."




We are the Angel-Light Team—a collective of beings on mission to assist humanity. We don’t do business. We do service.  We trust Divine to provide for our human instrument through the kindness and generosity of others. You may want to support our multifaceted ministry/mission with a donation to Angel-Light Love. There is a convenient donate button on the ♥Angel-Light Beamer♥, and there is an Amazon wish list (link provided upon request).  May all be well with you! May there be plenty for you!

Angel-Light Love of Texas
Email #1: healinglovelighthouse@outlook.com
Email #2: angel_light_love_texas@yahoo.com
Facebook: Angel-Light Love