Featured Post

ANGEL-LIGHT TEAM BENEFITS

ANGEL-LIGHT TEAM BENEFITS by Angel-Light Love of Texas Spiritual & Metaphysical Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator Consultant/Teach...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT

ASK FOR WHAT YOU WANT
June 19, 2008

Yesterday, after I left a business, a stranger approached me when I reached my car. While holding out his hand with some change, he whined, "Mam, can you give me a quarter for some food?" Now I have "good sense," so I responded, "If you'll come over here I'll give you more than that." My intention was to walk him toward a woman waiting for someone a few yards away who was witnessing the interaction.

After we walked a few feet from my car toward the woman, I gave the man $3.00. He thanked me as if he couldn't believe it. As we parted, I told him, "A quarter won't buy anything. Ask for a dollar. Ask for what you want." He responded, "I was afraid to." In response to that, I admonished him, "Get over it!"

Now I've seen the coins-in-outstretched-hand method before, but the King James version of The Holy Bible (and other "holy" writings) teach "give to him that asks of thee," and I always do--according to my means at the time. I also like the words of William Shakespeare in one of his plays: "Neither a borrower nor a lendor be." When a stranger asks me for money, it's a test of me. What the person does with the money is none of my business. (However, I will report that he walked into the convenience store immediately--presumably to buy something.)

I've been guilty of asking the universe for less than what I want in the past, but rarely does that happen anymore. I understand that there are divine beings, legions of angels, etc. who can hear and answer one's requests. For many years I asked "god" and assumed "god" would delegate. I have found that it works better for me to ask the universe and everyone in it instead, so I ask "you all" for what I want. And many times, if it's a biggie, I give the reasons why.

Seeking to serve (locally and long distance), we are one known as Angel-Light. Our healing/teaching mission at this level of existence is supported by donations of persons who appreciate and value our service.

Angel-Light Love
Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator
(Spirit-Mind-Body-Environment)
http://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com