Featured Post

TESTIMONIALS

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

GIVE WHEN ASKED AND NOT ASKED

 

GIVE WHEN ASKED AND NOT ASKED

by Angel-Light Love of Texas

Spiritual & Metaphysical Healing/Wellbeing Facilitator

(Spirit-Mind-Body-Environment)

February 13, 2024 on ♥Angel-Light Beamer♥

https://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com 


Excerpts from a section of my memoir of 2019 (Adventures of a Traveling Angel: 1990-2010):

Many times, there were opportunities to teach when providing material assistance. For example, a guy walked up to me as I was getting out of my car to go into a business with his hand open to reveal a little change in the palm.  He asked if I could spare a quarter so he could buy some food.  I told him that if he walked away from my car over to the store, I would meet him there. Someone waiting at a bus stop saw the whole thing, and people were going into and coming out of the store. I pulled $3.00 out of my small stash and walked to him and put it in his hand. His jaw dropped open and there was a look of astonishment on his face.  I told him to ask for what he wants, that a quarter isn’t going to help much. He responded that he was afraid to ask. Long story short, I counseled him to ask for what he wants and gratefully accept what he receives. He rushed into the store after that—to buy food, I assume. Whatever he did with the money wasn’t my business. My business is to give as I can when asked.

“The sure way to a better tomorrow is to make today better for someone else.” (Ruth Renkel)

Another time, when I was in a slow elevator with one other person, we made small talk. During our conversation, he mentioned he was broke and had not a dime in his pockets, but didn’t ask me for money.  I took a quarter and a dollar out of my purse and told him to spend the dollar, and put the quarter in his wallet and never spend it, for if he has a quarter, he would never be broke.  Also told him (and many others over the years) that being broke is a temporary situation but being poor is a state of mind. I only gave such a small amount because, at the time, I was low on funds my own self.

Others received dollars and the don’t-spend-it instructions over the years. One of those people, whom I had also helped with food and supplies for a few weeks, called several years later to report he had kept that dollar until his wallet was stolen (which had recently happened).  Don’t recall ever turning down anyone who asked for money, but my recall is far from perfect in these senior years.

“No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving. Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare think.”  (Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)

“If you can’t feed a hundred people, then feed just one.” (Mother Teresa)

We often gifted people who didn’t ask for money.  Within an hour after receiving a cash donation of $100 after a “house reading,” I stopped at a fast food restaurant to go to the ladies room. Passed a man sitting in a booth with many empty packets of condiments on the table (sure sign of hungry and no money). There was a long duffel bag near his feet, and he had body odor.  Took $10 from my purse while in the ladies room and put it on the table in front of the man without missing a step when walking by, and heard him say “thank you.” [Your senses can alert you to opportunities to help others.]

“If you’re not giving, you’re not living.”  (Abigail Van Buren aka “Dear Abby”)

“People may doubt what you say, but they’ll believe what you do.” (Lewis Cass)

There were others during the traveling angel years who said I had saved their lives—usually through spiritual and metaphysical assistance. No, not me.  I’m just an instrument of Divine.

“Whenever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” (Lucius Annaeus Seneca)

We are the Angel-Light Team—a collective of beings on mission to assist humanity. We don’t do business. We do service.  We trust Divine to provide for our human instrument through the kindness and generosity of others. May all be well with you! May there be plenty for you!

Angel-Light Love of Texas

Email #1: healinglovelighthouse@outlook.com

Email #2: angel_light_love_texas@yahoo.com

Facebook: Angel-Light Love

Angel-Light Beamer: https://angel-light-love-healing.blogspot.com